There are 2 main methods people use for organised farming. They are mostly the same, the only difference will be the troops recruited. The type of farming I will discuss is my own personal preferred method. Too many troops makes your farms good kill event targets.
Farming requires good management of time above everything else, they should not take a great amount of time, this is not the idea.
It is better and faster to just gather on farms and leave monsters. Monsters take a long time to farm although the return is good you can just run more farms within the timeframe it would take to farm monsters multiple times. The farms should not take over your game time, I can manage 9 in less than 1 hour a day for 4 rotations on each.
VIP on farms and how to use it article found here.
- I personally take all farms to castle level 15 as soon as possible to have the ability to farm for iron. 9 is a good number, 7 run efficiently will be enough.
- 16 is the new castle level for farms to be at as camel have changed the levels that resource fields are unlocked. You could go to 19 but you are diverting resources away from your main castle and halting its progression. (Not the idea)
- I build city builds during the week and resource fields at weekends with vip and golden hammer. I do not use golden hammer when I can not utilise it. It’s not the idea to spend on farms.
- Use the harvest skill from the lord skills as often as possible
- Gathering from elites is useful but don’t neglect the fact that you can just use tiles and still return an impressive yield with 3 or 4 rotations of the accounts a day
- I personally only build the barracks to level 6. Tier 2 cavalry are sufficient.
- Low tier troops require less time and resources to heal if your farms get attacked a lot
- Always leave 8 troop types at home unless you are emptying the farm yourself.
- A battle must start for defenders to join which is why the above point is very important. Read it again.
- Tier 2 troops offer no kill points in the kill event. They will only be targets for resources and your alliance should be helping to defend (or it’s not a good alliance).
- If you remain under hospital capacity you can never lose troops
I make 8 training grounds for the initial recruitment but I will stop recruiting once I have;
- 2000 of each tier 1 troop.
- 2000 tier 2 archers, cavalry and mages
- 14000 troops so far and with a fully built hospital (no vip) you can cover almost 80000
- 60000 tier 2 cavalry
When the above numbers are reached I deconstruct the training grounds and build resource fields.
You only need a few techs from the research for farms. Everything from the resources tab available. Sturdy defence from the defences tab. Increase wounded limit and architecture in development and the legion techs from military.
There are 3 pieces of lord equipment that increase your gathering speed.
- Lvl 10 bronze belt
- Lvl 15 Ice bracelet
- Lvl 15 iron boots
You can easily make these blue in colour with the workshop alone.
Defence of farms will be in another article.
After you no longer need golden hammers you should use the gems on farms in an event called the “hot shop” this event will have 7 day vip bonus at a reduced rate. 2 or 3 weeks of constant vip on farms is some serious resource and it does not cost you anything but patience.